Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hey everyone

Hey! I got lots of time to write you guys because i only got TWO emails one from my mom and one from my dad. Its been an interesting week because it was transfer week. Basically i came off of Masbate island to go to Zone Leaders Council but there wasn't any transfer between me and my companion. I woke up early on Wednesday morning at about 3am to get my tickets to the boat and i got into Legazpi at about 3pm. Then that night i had to sleep in a house with 13 elders and only 4 mattresses so that was fun and you know i got tons of sleep. Then the next day was our transfer day and because i was in legazpi i went to the only place you can get Mexican food in our whole mission. I got to eat all kinds of good food BUT it was spicy and very far from what my body is used to so i got sick. That was on Thursday and I'm just getting better from it right now (Monday). We had our Council meeting Friday and Saturday but on Saturday night i threw up and lets just say my bowels where not doing too great. So because of all that i didn't get to go back to my area so basically I'm just hangin out with the assistants right now. My zone conference is on Thursday and there going to just take me down to sorsogon and then I'll see my zone there. It can be hard to be so far from my area, my zone, my missionaries. Hopefully they wont die out on the island. To be honest its really boring to hang out with the assistants they don't get to leave the office very much. We have these sweet couple missionaries here who are from Arizona. They've been taking care of me because they know that I'm sick. They took me to their house and cooked me some American food which was cool and i appreciate their kindness to me. It's kind of been nice to get a little bit of a rest. Being the zone leader of masbate can be hard because we are so far away from everyone and we have weird sleep schedule because of the boats and other weird problems but I'm loving it out on that island we have tons of baptisms coming up in the next couple weeks and I'm glad i wasn't transfered so that i will still be their to see them. Well that is about it for me i guess ill just write to you next week.

Love elder Thompson

No comments: