Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday, August 11, 2008

Hey everyone

This last week was WAY hard. I feel dead right now. It started out fine. I had just got back from Naga last sunday which is far from here and involved a 4 hour boat ride. Then we had some extra elders working with us and staying in our house which mad things a little crazy. But on thursday we woke up at about 3 am to go to sorsogon for our zone interviews with the mission president. So after traveling for many hours by land and by sea we got to our interviews in sorsogon that actually went well. The president was really nice to me and he said some really cool stuff to me. Also at our interviews i was given my trunkie letter. Thats the letter they give you when your close to going home. They say its like posion and once you touch it your trunkie. I got mine a little early because they needed to get all my information sooner to get the tickets before things got too busy with christmas and all. Thats crazy. Then i got to sleep that night in my second area (abuyog) and i went to all the people i know there which was way cool. I got to bed around 12 then woke up around 4 to go visit a few other people before our zone conference. I had to do the conducting for the zone conference because the conference is for 3 zones and i have been a zone leader the longest out of us 3 so i conducted. Then after the conference we got right back on the road again to get back to our island. We got here about 6pm and then i had to go straight to this really far area we opened up to show the elders where there house was. We didnt get there till way late and there wasnt any food and i didnt get to sleep very well because i now have 5 boils under my armpit. Everytime i moved i would wake up because it hurt so bad. I couldnt even get my bag on. They said i shouldnt pop them and gave me some pills. They didnt hurt when i popped them but after a couple days of not popping them they got so huge and thats when it hurt. So after that night of almost no sleep i got up at 4 to go back to my area. When i got back to my area i had to go bunkbed shopping because right now i sleep on the floor which is ok with me but my president didnt like that idea when he found out about it. All the beds here are way too expensive so im still on the floor but lets not tell president that. Then i didnt think i could even work because i had a fever and my arm hurt real bad but we needed to get out and work because it had been several days that i hadnt gotten to work. So in order to work i went against what my mission president said and i popped the boils which was amazing. Amazingly gross, amazingly painful, and actually amazingly interesting considering how far the blood and puss shot out and how much was actually in there. So that boil it doing better now but there is still one big one that im waiting to get to a good point so i can pop it too. Needless to say we were able to work the rest of that day(saturday) but around 8pm the mission president called. First he asked how i was doing i said not to great then he asked how my sea sickness was and i said i dont get sea sick anymore and he said "good, because your going to come in again off your island tomorrow." I guess the new missionary in our zone wasnt totally prepared for his mission and in our interviews he had a late confession so the night that i thought i would get normal sleep was ruined. I got to bed late because of preperation for the trip and woke up at 2:30am to catch the first boat into pilar. I got into pilar about 6 went to church got the new elder and caught a boat around noon to get back to my area. So that was basically the busiest week ever. Well i feel trashed but i got a lot done and i made things interesting. So ya that was basically it for the week. Im hoping in the next 4 weeks i wont have any distractions so i can get back to work.

Elder thompson

No comments: