Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hey everyone!

Well its been an interesting week to say the least. First off on Monday when I got done emailing I went back to the church only to find out that the sisters where having a ton of problems so I sat and tried to fix their companionship problems for about 2 hours. Then after that we were going to watch a movie but the members didn’t really want us to us the TV or should I say trust us……. So I don’t know what that’s all about. Maybe its because the last missionaries assigned here didn’t do what they should have and didn’t follow all the rules or even half of them. So I was a little hurt by the members so I didn’t use the TV and we just went home. Then on Tuesday I got a text from one of the sisters saying here companion left the house….. alone, which is way not good. So I went there and spent about half my day talking to two of the most hard headed sisters who are both unwilling to change. Then on Thursday we had a way bad experience. There is this family that I really, really love called the Mosamoc family. They have this little 7 year old girl that is handicap because she got really sick when she was like 8 months old so she has like no control over her body but her mind is still ok. I always talk with her and play with her so I really like going there. We are teaching the mom and one other daughter who is like 13. We have been going there for a while and close with them all but the father never wants to listen. Just last week they gave an awesome prayer and even said “we are grateful for the missionaries who come and teach us, especially elder Thompson and we are thankful he is so nice to our family” which of course made me feel good. But on Thursday when we went there the dad was sitting there all alone and I was like hey where is nanay (mom) and ate (sister)? And he was just like there not here, there tired from work and I was like that’s ok we’ll just come back on Saturday and he was like no! and I was like what do you mean and he was like NO! don’t come back ever again, go find another nanay(mom) to teach. Im not sure but I think he was getting jealous of us always talking with his wife but come on, she is a bit old for us. It was way sad and I still haven’t recovered from it. Then on Friday I went back to the sisters house to help them and I think I got to them just a little and they still don’t like each other but at least they can now stand each other. Then on Saturday we had an investigator fail her baptismal interview and then we had one of our really close investigators tell us she has been drinking and smoking again and is going to move so that was way sad as well. Then on Sunday one of our investigators who is supposed to be baptized didn’t come to church because she is offended and wont be baptized anymore. Then a member got really mad at me because she gave me a letter to send to another missionary but because Ive been so busy and my mind is going crazy I left it on the piano at the church and a primary kid ripped it up and the member came up to me crying telling me she will never trust me again and basically it wasn’t good. O yeah and I fell off a bridge but the good thing was it wasn’t too high. So that was my wonderful week. Although all that bad stuff happened I look back on my week and I was still amazingly blessed. I had 9 investigators go to church and I should have two baptisms on Saturday and 4 more in two weeks also I helped the sisters out a little. So even though sometimes my mission is hard I guess ive actually accomplished a lot and im happy. So that was my week.

Elder Thompson
(Here are some pictures from my P-Day where we traveled to a small island)


1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

Aww. Sounds like Bryce had a bad week. I copy his letters and send to Colten every month. I am so glad for the blog. Have a great day.