Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday, September 28, 2008

hey everyone

Ya im still hangin out here in masbate. To be honest part of me really wants to finish my mission here. I've built such a good investigator base here. We have baptisms planned until the month i go home. I would hate to have to go somewhere else. What if my new area doesnt have anything going on in it. The word on the street is that im going to Naga which is one of the hardest areas in my mission but it would be a nice challenge and it is close to the mission home so i wouldnt have to travel too much to get home. I actually had a kind of wierd experience this week. Ever since i got here in masbate there has been this group of members that hate me. The reason is because one of them served a short term mission here in our mission and the person who became her companion just happens to be the gossip queen of our mission. So ya she heard some dumb rumors that I tried to date a 40 year old lady with kids my age. Not to sound dumb but if i was going to get a girl friend on my mission i think i could do a little better. And then right before that sister went home she started another rumor that i had told a lot of people that she had a crush on me. Untill now she calls the mission home and the assistants telling them she wants to slap me for starting that rumor, which i didnt start. So i called in the two members who really had a problem with me and was just like i think that we need to talk about a few things and basically they were just kind of scared at first but then we talked about everthing that needed to be talked about and then the RM who started the whole problem texted me and we were able to straighten it all out. That RM is rediculous and i had to use all my patience to not just explode and tell her what i really think about her. When i brought up the fact that she had basically started a really big rumor about me and the 40 year old lady she was just like, "well thats not to concern right now". I guess my patience and being humble paid off because now things are better and the members that believed in her stories now think she is just a tsismosa (gossip queen). That was one of the biggest things that happened this week. Also we had 6 People come up to us this week and ask if they could be baptized. That doesn't happen every day. They weren't even together, they all asked at different times and some even came to our apartment to find us. The work here on masbate is going great. I love my zone and the missionaries here. I dont know whats going to happen next transfer but im happy i got the chance to be here in masbate. Basically everything is going good. I wont lie, im feeling the whole being close to home thing. Sometimes it just pops into my head when im in my bed at night. I have less weeks than i did months. Its crazy close, especially since time is going way fast now.

love elder thompson

No comments: